Monday, May 16, 2011

Going Alkaline to Starve out Basal Cell Carcinoma

Did you know that cancer cannot live in an alkaline environment? Yep! You guessed it! I went on an alkaline diet to work along side the exteriorly-applied vitamin C. That way I could starve out the cancer from the inside as well as kill it on the outside.

When I say diet though, I don't mean going on the stereotypical three week diet or however long those things are. I wasn't trying to lose weight or anything like that. I was very happy with my weight and my fitness. I was just not happy about my nutritional health. It's more like I was going through a dramatic cleanse as a start to a new diet completely: a healthy diet that I want to have for the rest of my life.

So here's what I did:
  1. I cut out dairy.
  2. I ate raw fruits and vegetables.
  3. I cut out meat.
  4. I ate more raw fruits and vegetables.
  5. When I needed more calories, I ate brown rice, crackers, tortillas, whole wheat noodles and other carb foods.
  6. I ate tons of raw fruits and vegetables.
Yes I was basically vegan. After a day, I realized I had to add in some carbs so I wouldn't drop too much weight. But after a week and a half, I HAD to eat some meat just to be sure I got some protein. I ate as alkaline as I could, but added the variety and balance into my diet as I felt needed.



I am now back to normal eating, I just try to make a lot healthier choices! Instead of my morning latte I either have lemon water, freshly made juice or iced green tea! For lunch, I eat salad, or I make dips for my tortilla chips, or on days like today, when I need some extra carbs, I have something like a quesadilla but I chop up some fresh peppers, onions and tomatoes to put on top.

Whatever I do, I am trying to eat lots of raw food. I make my exceptions throughout the week so that I get my other nutritional needs, but I figure, the more alkaline I can make make it, the better. Based on my skin issues, I think that might be the case for a while. But I would love to be able to possibly help prevent more basal cell carcinoma in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Eating more fresh fruits and raw vegetables are examples of alkaline food that are excellent whether your trying to get pregnant or not but if you are avoid acid rich food, meat and whole grains to keep your body alkalinize.

    ReplyDelete